- What personally identifiable information is collected from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you complete a transaction; you speak with and provide information to one of our Personal Hearing Consultants to receive information or a referral; or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, payment information, insurance information, online hearing test and lifestyle questionnaire results, hearing conditions and related medical information, and other information you choose to provide to us.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Online Services
Use of Information
In addition to the purposes identified above, any information we collect may also be used for analytics purposes (e.g., evaluating website usage patterns and advertisement interactions) so that we can gauge the effectiveness of our programs and advertisements, and improve the usefulness of information presented to visitors.
Sharing of Information
Information Shared by Us
- Endorsed Local Providers. Per your request, our Personal Hearing Consultants will assist you in finding an Endorsed Local Provider. In order assist you with this referral, we will provide the Endorsed Local Provider with your name, contact information, date of birth, insurance information, and other information you provide to our Personal Hearing Consultants. Please note: these Endorsed Local Providers are not employed by or affiliated with the Company and we do not control how they use or maintain your information.
- Service Providers. In the course of doing business, we employ other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we may provide the information we collect from and about you (and your device) to companies that host our online services or send communications on our behalf. These service providers may have access to information about you if it is needed to perform their functions for us such as processing your credit card information, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
- Legally Required. We reserve the right to disclose information we collect from and about you (and your device) if required to do so by law or by a regulatory authority.
- Sale. During the normal course of our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we collect from and about you (and your device) may be transferred to such entity.
Aggregated and Non-Identified Data
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
California and Delaware “Do Not Track” Disclosures
California and Delaware law require us to indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, like many other websites and online services, we do not currently respond to any Do Not Track browser requests.
California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, email, and mailing address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the name and address of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email us at: ContactUs@hearingplanet.com with a reference to California Disclosure Information. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
We and our third party providers use physical, technical and administrative security measures, consistent with industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to protect information we collect from and about you (and your device) from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We may use encryption, password protection, secure socket layers, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to the information we collect from and about you. However, any information you provide to us is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be lost, accessed without authorization, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
Our online services are not intended for or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, communicate with us, or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified herein, and we will work with you to address this issue.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on or linked to our Website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You may also "opt-out" of receiving marketing e-mails and other marketing communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails we send.
Please refer to our Statement on Cookies and Similar Technologies for more information about your choices regarding cookies and similar technologies.
Statement on Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies, web beacons, Flash cookies and similar technologies serve many important functions that help us serve you better. However, you have a variety of tools to manage cookies and similar technologies, including:
- Web browser controls to block and delete cookies, or adjust your tracking preferences;
- Visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out page here to opt out from receiving third party advertiser cookies;
For information on how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
Not Medical Advice; Not Responsible for Endorsed Local Providers
You acknowledge and agree that neither the Company nor its Personal Hearing Consultants are offering you any medical advice. While the Personal Hearing Consultant may provide suggestions in connection with referring you to an Endorsed Local Provider, any information a Personal Hearing Consultant provides you is strictly informational and is not a medical service. In the event that you are seeking hearing or other medical services, please contact a medical service provider or specialist. Although the Company may make the information you provide to it available to a Endorsed Local Provider, you acknowledge and agree that this information is based largely on your own submissions and may not be the most current data. The Endorsed Local Provider is not employed by the Company. The Company makes no representations or warranties with respect to the performance of, and is not responsible OR LIABLE for the acts or omissions of the Endorsed Local Provider.
Visiting The Site From Outside The United States
Last updated: July 2017